Architect Charles F. Schweinfurth began plans for Trinity Cathedral in 1890. These plans eventually evolved to the present English Perpendicular Gothic structure, which was built between 1901-07.
The Cathedral is cruciform in plan, with a square central tower rising above the crossing. The exterior is of Indiana limestone, and the interior is finished in vitrified brick, stone, and dark oak. An ambulatory connects the Cathedral to the original 1895 parish house, which included Cathedral Hall.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Cuyahoga County, Cleveland, ceremonial and/or relegious structures, views. Submitted by Nina Thomson.