Trevi square is located in the Quirinale district in Rome. Trevi fountain is the final point of the Aqua Virgo, an aqueduct constructed in 19 BCE. It brings water from the Salone Springs (approx 20km from Rome) and supplies the fountains in the historic center of Rome with water.
The church was built by Martino Longhi the Younger in 1646-1650. The church interior is decorated in the technique known as grisaille, ornamentation painted in monochrome. The Neo-Classical interior is a result of the 19th century renovation.
Keywords: Vincenzo e Anastasio, Sts Vincent and Anastasius, outdoor spaces, hydraulic structures, ceremonial and/or religious structures, Italy, Roma, Rome, Baroque. Submitted by Kay Bea Jones.
17th Century (1600 - 1699 CE) 18th Century (1700 - 1799 CE) Baroque