North and Central America->United States->Ohio->Franklin (county)->Columbus
The Ohio Departments of State Building is located at 65 South Front Street, Columbus, Ohio. Various forms of Art Deco are found within the building structure comprised of bronze, brass, stainless steel, glass mosaic, panel murals, walnut paneling, and many other forms. Two reflecting pools are on the north and south sides of the building as well.
Originally built for the state departments of Aeronautics, Agriculture, Commerce, Education, Health, Highways, Public Welfare, Public Works, Industrial Relations and Taxation as well as departments of the Industrial Commission, and the State Library of Ohio.
In 2000 the State Library of Ohio moved to the Jeffrey Mining Company building at 274 East First Avenue. In 1998 the Ohio Departments building underwent renovations and in 2001 the construction began. In 2004 the building became known as the Ohio Judicial Center housing the Supreme Court of Ohio.
1930s (1930 - 1939) Art Deco Modern
bronze copper and brass steel marble
Architecture Columbus. (1976). Columbus, Ohio: Foundation of the Columbus Chapter of the American Institute of Architects. p. 78.