Journalism Building

Related people
James B. Collier (was created by)
Henry Munro Abbott (architect)
Croce and Abbott (was created by)
Howard Dwight Smith (architect)
Original building: 1923-1924; 1st addition completed: 1939; 2nd addition completed: 1940; 3rd addition completed: 1974.
The Journalism Building is Herrick Archives Building number 046. It is located at 242 West 18th Avenue on The Ohio State University campus. The Board of Trustees has never officially named this building. The Journalism Building also houses a branch of the U.S. Post Office. Printing of the Lantern in this building began in mid-July, 1924. It was constructed with a reinforced concrete frame with brick exterior. 1923-1924 Architect for the Original Building: Bradford, Joseph N. 1939 Architect for the 1st Addition: Howard Dwight Smith 1940 Architect for the 2nd Addition: Howard Dwight Smith 1974 Architects for 3rd Addition: Croce and Abbott 1923-1924 General Contractor for the Original Building: D. W. McGrath & Sons 1939 General Contractor for the 1st Addition: Robert H. Evans & Co. 1940 General Contractor for the 2nd Addition: Robert H. Evans & Co. 1974 General Contractor for the 3rd Addition: R. W. Setterlin & Sons Co.
1920s (1920 - 1929)
1930s (1930 - 1939)
1940s (1940 - 1949)
1970s (1970 - 1979)
reinforced concrete construction