Jewett Arts Center

  • Caption
    Oblique Front View
North and Central America->United States->Massachusetts
"Jewett Arts Center formally opened on October 18, 1958 and houses the Music and Art Departments. The art wing consists of the Art Department offices, classrooms, studios, photography darkrooms, video and computer facilities, the Art Library, and a Student Gallery for exhibiting student work. The music wing contains the Music Library, listening rooms, practice studios, classrooms, and Music Department offices. The Jewett Auditorium, a 320-seat theater, is used for music performances, theater events, lectures, and symposia. Given by the Jewett family, the arts center was named for Mary Cooper Jewett Gaiser '23 and Catherine Margaret Weyerhauser Jewett. The sculpture in the academic quadrangle includes Rodin's "Walking Man" and works by Michael Steiner and Jules Olitski."
1950s (1950 - 1959)