Original building: 1904; addition: 1975; Second addition and renovation: 2005
The Hunter Museum of American Art in Chattanooga, Tennessee is housed in three buildings. The original classical revival mansion was built in 1904 and designed by Mead and Garfield. An addition was constructed in 1975 designed by Derthick, Henley, and Wilkerson. The third building and renovation of the existing buildings was completed in 2005 by Randall Stout Architects. The museum complex is connected to the rest of downtown Chattanooga by the Holmberg pedestrian bridge.