Brown Hall was located at 190 West 17th Avenue on the Ohio State University campus. The General contractor was E. Elford. The architect was Joseph N. Bradford. Brown Hall is building 016 in the Herrick Archives. It occupied the previous location of the original Chemistry Building (Herrick Archives building number H 113), which burned in 1889. Brown Hall was demolished in 2009.
This building was officially named "Brown Hall" by the Board of Trustees on July 3, 1903. Christopher Newton Brown was a Dean of the College of Engineering and a professor of Civil Engineering for 20 years.
The original portion of Brown Hall is a wood frame construction with brick exterior. The addition is reinforced concrete construction.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, Columbus, OSU, The Ohio State University, institutional buildings, school building, drawings, plans, Civil Engineering Building.